Saturday, February 24

Taking an active interest in politics

This morning was Coffee with Cleaver at Dunn Brother's Coffee on Red Bridge, which just happens to be right down the street from me. So I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and attended, because I had a few things to say to the Rev. Cleaver II.

Speaking with the good Reverand went quite well, I must say. I mostly support what he has done, and wished to thank him personally, and to discuss the bloating of Congress with stupid bills to give 'commendation' to sports teams.

The most interesting part of the morning, however, was speaking to the gentleman sitting at my table. Turns out his ex-wife converted to Jehovah's Witnesses, and his oldest daughter is disfellowshipped like me, and trying to cope with her mother and younger sister shunning her. He also has to deal with his youngest daughter not really allowing him to see his grandchildren.

Fucking religion.

He's also trying to form an organization that would get professional athletes to commit to being drug-free, so our young people that look up to them don't follow in their footsteps. I am all about getting people paid millions of dollars to play a stupid game (vs teachers who get paid shit to teach our children) to set a good example for our children.

No comments: