Tuesday, September 5

It's all in the definition.

Was my child potty-trained in 3 days? Depends. If you count potty training as the ability to recognize when you need to potty, then, yes, he's potty trained.

However, this is the child that REFUSED to talk until he was almost 3 years old. I really didn't expect him to completely abandon playing to go potty on the 4th day, and he didn't. Tomorrow, he gets no tv at all until after he goes potty, otherwise, I'll have another mess.

You know how they always say to have no reaction when they mess? That doesn't work with my child, AT ALL. I didn't spank him, if that's what you're thinking, but he is quite aware of how upset mommy is when he wets himself now. And we've had two successful trips to the toilet since!

I'll be very glad when we get to the point where we can go out in public without a mess. If we reach that point within a week, I'll be very, very happy.

No comments: