Tuesday, March 20

Eight long years

This past Saturday, Keith came into the bathroom as I was getting ready to take my shower. He showed me an envelope, and told me it was the very last ever payment on my student loan from Cosmotology School. I was so happy, I cried in the shower!

For the last few years, I've been feeling very frustrated, being at home with the kids all the time. Due to my family raising me in a CULT, I was discouraged from ever going to college. I've felt cheated from having an education. Once Keith finished his degree back in December of 2005, we analized our financial situation, and determined that as soon as my student loan was paid off, I could start taking classes and get a degree. A degree in what, I'm still not sure.

Well, my student load is paid off! Matthew will be starting pre-school this fall, and I'm sure I can find reasonable child care for Josie. I get to go to college!

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was just and excuse for me to ogle you :-)

Xavier Onassis said...

Congratulations!

Dan said...

I think Keith should have taken pictures and posted them so we could all experience your joy . . .

More seriously, congrats - I'm 46 and still figuring out what I'm going to do when I grow up. Life's a journey, not a destination.

Fate said...

Congrats!

I'm wondering how long it is after you start that Keith finally runs this line to someone:

"Yep, I'm doing a college chic..."