Saturday, April 15

I've broken a commandment

I covet something that belongs to my best friend.What is it, you may ask?

I covet her vacuum. That's right. Her vacuum.

Now, I don't have a cheap vacuum by any means, I paid around $250 for it. And it's a good vacuum. But it's not like her vacuum.

What makes her vacuum so wonderful?

It's a Dyson.

We've been marveling over these new vacuums ever since they came out, but no one's had the money or a good enough reason to spend that much money on a vacuum. My friend now owns her own cleaning business, and since she needed a vacuum for her business, she gets to write it off as a business expense.

I have company coming in on Monday, and thought I might see if I could borrow her wonderful Dyson to vacuum my house, seeing as how we've done so much wall repair and painting. She actually said yes. (She didn't really want to loan it to me, she was afraid I would never give it back.)

Oh. My. God. It is soooo fucking awesome. Hubby asked me if I wanted one for my birthday, and I have to say, it's running neck & neck with a new computer, which I've wanted for over 6 months now.

Honestly, I've never enjoyed vacuuming before. I HATE cleaning. But this, this is just the coolest vacuum EVER.

First it was drooling over a mini van at the dealership, now I'm drooling over a vacuum. I'm pretty sure I've left the hip and cool days of my youth behind. Strangely enough, I don't even seem to mind that much.

No comments: